Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade to Run For The Last Time on May 31st

As widely speculated, Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade will run for the last time on May 31st. There is no expected replacement. If anything, this should just cause people to leave earlier than they already do.

Disney did confirm “Rivers of Light,” a new nighttime spectacular, will open sometime in the (probably distant) future. Disney also re-confirmed a nighttime version of Kilimanjaro Safaris is also on its way. It’s expected that the nighttime version will be largely screen based with screens actually pulled up around the vehicles showing off the (fake) African sunset and potentially offering a night vision look at the savannas.

Comments

1. Mary Ann says

So Josh, will this affect the late arrival advice as folks won’t feel the need to beat it after the parade?

2. josh says

More likely that people will leave before the parade would have begun because they don’t even have that to wait around for.

The fact that you can’t see anything at night is the reason the screens are necessary. It’s either that or drive around an empty fake savanna.

3. says

We were just there on Sunday & the announcement over the intercoms said the parade closure was to be able to facilitate the opening of the Lion King show. I thought I heard that it would be back in August or October??? I could be totally wrong, though.

4. Dave1212 says

A nighttime safari can be done really well (just look at the Night Safari in Singapore, which is incredible)…. but not using the Kilimanjaro Safaris setup. I really hope they know what they’re doing with this night safari…. it doesn’t sound very promising to me!

5. Anne Marie says

I’m hoping this means Lion King will open June 1st. It’s one of my favorites and I’d love to see the new theater/area on this trip.

6. stevenmilz says

Safari with screens = Habit Heroes version 1. It won’t last long if they try it I bet…

7. jenn says

I hope people do leave earlier because our only AK day is our arrival day – so it’s an afternoon/early evening trip. It’s also the first of the Harambe Nights but at $480 for our whole family to attend…that’s not going to be happening. Hope the HN event doesn’t make the afternoon busier, but we’ll see I guess!

8. MrsNick says

RIP Jammin’ Jungle (sometimes aka Jingle Jungle) parade. It is actually the only one of the daytime parades we have seen at any of the WDW parks. We never attempted to see a parade at HS (before that went away) and have not bothered to see the daytime parade at MK (a little too much hassle to get us to divert from other plans when at MK).

We will truly miss the Jammin’ Jungle parade. Thought it was really cute, and unique due to the giant animal puppetry. Thank goodness I took some pictures the last time we saw it so we will have some memories of it. :~(

9. Mark says

That’s too bad, I liked the Jammin’ Jungle Parade. Sad that I missed my last chance to see it last week.

10. Rob Huddleston says

Jammin’ Jungle was the only parade we missed last time (my then-2 y/o son overheated and we had to leave prior to 3:00), and now both it and the Pixar whatever it was called parade at HS are no more. Hate to see them go, because they were win-win for us. Either we were watching a cool parade or lines were short at the attractions. Oh well. The Mouse giveth, and the Mouse taketh away…