Magic Kingdom Scheduled to Close at 7pm on Friday August 29th

Just a heads up that it looks like Magic Kingdom will be closing at 7pm on Friday August 29th. I don’t have a reason for the early closure at this time.

1. Rick says

Would it be possible they are starting MNSSHP a week early this year or hosting some other special event? That’s the last day of my trip so it would be a bummer if we couldn’t end our week at Magic Kingdom. Hopefully it’s at least a hard ticket event we could take advantage of. Thanks for the update.

2. josh says

Seems unlikely to be a Halloween Party. The first few in September aren’t “crowded” at all and it would seem August would be a non-starter. But I don’t know. there’s no note as to why.

3. HonestJohn says

From what I can tell, MNSSHP has started as early as 4-September, but those were years when Labor Day was earlier in September. I can’t find evidence of MNSSHP ever pre-dating Labor Day and creeping into August. Would be interesting if Disney moved for that this year. At some point, instead of mining holidays, you have to imagine Disney would go back to good-for-all-seasons “Pirates and Princess” type hard-ticket events if their model is going to be to start selling more hard-ticket, nighttime access to MK. Remember that Disney has always been toying with that idea, literally for decades now – the Pirates and Princess party was one attempt. ‘E-ticket’ nights from the 90s/early 2000s another.

I’ll chalk this up to some kind of private event for now – probably some high-roller rented out MK or whatever. But I’ll be keeping an eye out for MNSSHP or some other trial balloon for how far they can push hard-ticket access; that would not surprise me, either.

4. Jo says

We will be in Florida last 2 weeks of August this will be our 3 time this time of year, Friday 29th being our last full day which we planned to spend in MK, have you heard of 7pm closure before this time of year as we have never encountered it before on last trips its usually a 9pm close but never so early, or do you know if it is likely to be a ticket event, be a real shame if we cant spend our last day there? Grateful for any advice before we make ADR’s next Monday! Thanks

5. Stephanie says

This will be our 7th end of August trip and have never had our last day end that early except when there was a MNSSHP. I don’t think they will have a party that early. We are going to spend the day in that park anyway.

6. Nicole says

We were there last year during the Night of Joy and planned to go to MK anyway because the crowds were lighter then and it was our son’s birthday. So we just made an ADR at Chef Mickey’s for 7:30 and had dinner. Was still a great day, even though we couldn’t spend the night at the MK!

7. travis faherty says

This will be our second trip in a decade and I don’t know if this is normal or not and really doesn’t matter. I would love for it to be a ticket event like Halloween. Never been to one but it would be something my kids would love.

8. Michael says

Don’t be surprised if you will enjoy it also. I took my kids thinking they would enjoy it and I think I enjoyed it the most