Want to see how the touring plan works with over 100 pictures and explanations of each step? See this post.
The information below is available in an easily printable PDF here. Consider downloading it to your smart device for easy referencing.
General Touring Philosophy: With 60+ attractions, Magic Kingdom is best toured over two or more days. The best plans compartmentalize the park by visiting two or three Lands each day. Visit the character and attraction priorities in one Land before moving on to the next. Have lunch and then head back to the same Lands visiting the “anytime attractions.” This minimizes both waiting and walking. One-day touring will require more walking. You can still accomplish a lot by touring intelligently, but some attractions will need to be skipped.
Characters: Unlike the other three parks, there are characters that need to be prioritized ahead of the priority attractions. For example, if you’d like to visit Anna and Elsa, you need to visit first thing in the morning, in the last hour they’re scheduled to appear, or use FastPass+ to avoid 50 to 100+ minute waits.
Rope Drop: Magic Kingdom opens its ticketing gates 60 minutes before official park open. Guests are held just inside the entrance in the courtyard in front of the train station. The opening show featuring Mickey and the gang arriving via steam train begins about 20 minutes prior to park open and lasts about six minutes. The best viewing area is front and center, but this puts you at a disadvantage entering the park as everyone off to the sides will enter before you. To minimize morning waits, make your way to the far left or right of the courtyard in front of one of the entrances. At the conclusion of the show, the park is opened and Cast Members walk guests slowly up Main Street and through the Castle. Break off from this group as early as possible. If you’re headed to Adventureland or Frontierland, make a left after passing Casey’s Corner. If you’re headed to Tomorrowland, take a right after passing Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. If you’re headed to Mine Train, veer right of Cinderella Castle toward Mad Tea Party and take a left at Mad Tea Party toward the Mine Train’s entrance across from Winnie the Pooh.
- Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain (when high temperatures are 80+ degrees)
- Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Ariel at Ariel’s Grotto
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Jungle Cruise
- Haunted Mansion
- Mickey at Town Square Theater
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain (when high temperatures are less than 80 degrees)
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade (Doesn’t save any time and the location is in the sun, but there are a limited amount available)
- Main Street Electrical Parade (Prioritize first/only parade only. Second parade on the same night sees light crowds)
- Wishes (Typically about as crowded as the rest of Main Street)
- it’s a small world
- Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Mad Tea Party
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
There are far more FastPass+ opportunities at Magic Kingdom than any of the other theme parks, making the decision on which to pick difficult. Consider picking three high priority attractions in a Land that you don’t plan to visit until the afternoon or evening. For example, if you plan to start your day with Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain, then you may want to use FastPass+ in the afternoon in Fantasyland at Peter Pan’s Flight, Anna/Elsa, and the Mine Train or in Tomorrowland at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Buzz Lightyear.
- Adventureland: Jungle Cruise’s old FASTPASS machines to the left of the entrance
- Adventureland: Breezeway to the right of Diamond Horseshoe across from Swiss Treehouse
- Fantasyland: To the right of Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Tomorrowland: To the left of the Stitch’s Great Escape entrance
Two-Day Morning Plan Day 1:
- Use FastPass+ at Mine Train (11:45am-12:45pm), Enchanted Tales with Belle (12:45pm-1:45pm), Anna and Elsa at Fairytale Hall or Alternate (2pm–3pm)
- Ride Space Mountain: 9am – 9:20am
- Ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 9:25am – 9:35am
- Ride Tomorrowland Speedway (if desired): 9:40am – 10am
- Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 10:05am – 10:25am
- Ride Dumbo: 10:30am – 10:45am
- Ride The Barnstormer: 10:50am – 11:05am
- Ride Journey of the Little Mermaid: 11:10am – 11:30am
- Have lunch: Be Our Guest and Pinocchio Village Haus are closest.
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FP+: 12:30pm – 12:45pm
- Visit Enchanted Tales with Belle with FP+: 12:50pm – 1:30pm
- See Mickey’s PhilharMagic and/or Prince Regal Royal Carrousel: 1:35pm – 2pm
- Visit Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall with FP+: 2pm – 2:15pm
- Visit Fantasyland FastPass+ kiosk to schedule a 4th FP+ for after the Parade
- See Festival of Fantasy Parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square: 2:30pm – 3:15pm
Afternoon and Evening: Consider an afternoon break or visit the anytime attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland like Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Prince Regal Carrousel, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Tomorrowland PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, and Stitch’s Great Escape. Visit priority attractions in the two hours prior to park close when wait times are shorter than the afternoon, ending with a high priority ride like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Peter Pan’s Flight right before close.
Additional Afternoon FastPass+ Availability: Unlike the other parks, Magic Kingdom has plenty of FP+ enabled attractions and 10 or more will still have availability around 2pm. Schedule a priority attraction with limited availability for after a break or schedule several lower priority experiences back to back if you plan to stay in the park. Check easywdw.com/waits or the My Disney Experience app to verify wait times are long enough to make searching out a kiosk and booking a FP+ worthwhile.
Two-Day Morning Plan Day 2:
- Use FastPass+ at Peter Pan’s Flight (10am-11am), Jungle Cruise (11am-12pm), and Pirates of the Caribbean (12pm-1pm)
- Ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 9am – 9:15am – Ride again if desired
- Ride Splash Mountain: 9:18am – 9:45am
- Ride Haunted Mansion: 9:55am – 10:15am
- Ride it’s a small world: 10:17am – 10:40am
- Ride Peter Pan’s Flight with FastPass+: 10:42am – 11am
- Ride Jungle Cruise with FastPass+: 11:10am – 11:30am
- Have lunch. Tortuga Tavern and Pecos Bill are closest. Columbia Harbour House, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Casey’s Corner are relatively close.
- Ride Pirates of the Caribbean with FastPass+: 12:30pm – 12:50pm
- Visit the Jungle Cruise or Adventureland Breezeway FP+ kiosk to select a 4th experience
Afternoon and Evening: Consider an afternoon break or visit the anytime attractions like Tom Sawyer Island, Hall of Presidents, Liberty Square Riverboat, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room, and Swiss Family Treehouse.
Two-Day Character-Centric Morning Plan Day 1:
- Use FastPass+ at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (11am-12pm) Enchanted Tales with Belle (12pm-1pm), Anna and Elsa at Fairytale Hall (1pm-2pm)
- Ride Peter Pan’s Flight: 8:55am – 9:15am
- Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 9:20am – 9:30am
- Meet Ariel at Ariel’s Grotto: 9:35am – 9:50am
- Meet Gaston outside Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland: 9:55am – 10:10am
- Meet Daisy and Minnie at Pete’s Silly Sideshow: 10:15am – 10:30am
- Meet Donald and Goofy at Pete’s Silly Sideshow: 10:31am – 10:45am
- Ride The Barnstormer: 10:47am – 11am
- Ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 11:03am – 11:20am
- Ride Journey of the Little Mermaid: 11:25am – 11:45am
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FastPass+: 11:50am – 12:05pm
- Have lunch. Pinocchio Village Haus and Be Our Guest are closest. Cosmic Ray’s is nearby.
- Experience Enchanted Tales with Belle with FastPass+: 12:50pm – 1:30pm
- Meet Anna and Elsa in Princess Fairytale Hall with FastPass+: 1:35pm – 1:55pm
- See Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 2pm – 2:30pm
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square: 2:40pm – 3pm
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square: 3pm – 3:25pm
4th FastPass+ Selection: An available attraction of your choice.
Afternoon and Evening: Consider an afternoon break or visit the anytime attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland like Prince Regal Carrousel, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Tomorrowland PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, and Stitch’s Great Escape.
Two-Day Character-Centric Morning Plan Day 2:
Use FastPass+ at Buzz Lightyear (12:15pm-1:15pm), Space Mountain (1:15pm-2:15pm), and Cinderella/Rapunzel (2:15pm-3:15pm)
- Ride Jungle Cruise: 9am – 9:20am
- Meet Aladdin and Jasmine at Agrabah Bazaar: 9:25am – 9:45am
- Ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 9:55am – 10:15am
- Ride Splash Mountain: 10:17am – 10:45am
- Ride Pirates of the Caribbean: 10:55am – 11:25am
- Meet Chip and Dale across from Diamond Horseshoe: 11:30am – 12pm
- Pecos Bill, Tortuga Tavern, Columbia Harbour House, & Liberty Tree Tavern are close.
- Ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin with FastPass+: 1pm – 1:15pm
- Meet Buzz Lightyear at the exit to Space Ranger Spin: 1:17pm – 1:40pm
- Ride Space Mountain with FastPass+: 1:45pm – 2:05pm
- Meet Rapunzel/Cinderella at Princess Fairytale Hall with FP+: 2:15pm – 2:30pm
- See Festival of Fantasy Parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square: 2:40pm – 3:20pm
- Meet Merida: 3:25pm – 4:10pm
4th FastPass+ selection: Pirates of the Caribbean, Tomorrowland Speedway, it’s a small world, Haunted Mansion are good choices.
Afternoon and Evening: Consider an afternoon break or visit the anytime attractions like Tom Sawyer Island, Hall of Presidents, Liberty Square Riverboat, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room, and Swiss Family Treehouse. Visit it’s a small world, Haunted Mansion, and any other skipped attractions as late in the evening as possible. Check Times Guide for missed characters (Tiana in particular) and visit them in the last hour they’re scheduled to appear.
- Use FastPass+ at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (9am-10am), Jungle Cruise (10:30am-11:30am), Space Mountain (11:30am-12:30pm)
- Ride Peter Pan’s Flight: 8:55am – 9:10am
- Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 9:15am – 9:25am
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FastPass+: 9:27am – 9:42am
- Ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 9:55am – 10:15am
- Ride Splash Mountain: 10:17am – 10:40am
- Ride Pirates of the Caribbean: 10:50am – 11:20am
- Ride Jungle Cruise with FastPass+: 11:22am – 11:45am
- Ride Space Mountain with FastPass+: 12pm – 12:20pm
- Visit Stitch’s Great Escape FP+ kiosk and select Buzz Lightyear that includes 1:15pm
- Have lunch. Cosmic Ray’s is nearby.
- Ride Buzz Lightyear with FastPass+: 1:15pm – 1:30pm
- Visit Stitch’s Great Escape FastPass+ kiosk and select Haunted Mansion that includes 2:15pm
- Ride Tomorrowland PeopleMover or see Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: 1:35pm-2pm
- Ride Haunted Mansion with FastPass+: 2:15pm-2:35pm
- Visit the Fantasyland FastPass+ kiosk and select it’s a small world that includes 3:30pm
- See the Festival of Fantasy Parade from Liberty Square or Frontierland: 2:40pm – 3:15pm
- Ride it’s a small world with FastPass+: 3:30pm – 3:50pm
- Visit the Fantasyland FastPass+ kiosk and select another attraction of interest
- See Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 4pm – 4:30pm
- Ride Prince Regal Royal Carrousel: 4:32pm – 4:45pm
- Have dinner: Pinocchio Village Haus is closest. Be Our Guest Restaurant would be perfect if you’ve snagged reservations.
Afternoon and Evening: Your evening depends greatly on when Magic Kingdom closes, when Wishes is scheduled, and ultimately how long you want to stay. Visit attractions marked anytime on the map until about 30 minutes before Wishes then move to Main Street to see the show. Return to Liberty Square or Frontierland for the Electrical Parade, keeping in mind the second Parade (when offered) is far less crowded. Return to Tomorrowland with two hours to close and Fantasyland in the last hour to find much shorter waits than the afternoon, ending the day with Peter Pan’s Flight and Mine Train if desired.
Late Arrival and Nighttime Crowds: Crowds only diminish most nights after 9pm as families invariably leave early with small children. The later it gets, the lower wait times will be, particularly if close is 11pm or later. Use FastPass+ when you arrive when wait times are longest. Visit the green anytime attractions until two to three hours before close. Then move on to the yellow attractions like Buzz Lightyear and Big Thunder Mountain and finish the night with the highest priority attractions like Peter Pan’s Flight, Mine Train, and Space Mountain.
Main Street Electrical Parade is scheduled on between 3 and 7 nights per week, usually between 7pm and 11pm. It begins on Main Street and exits to the left of Splash Mountain. The best viewing locations are near Pecos Bill and outside Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square. Two Parades are often scheduled with the second beginning two hours after the first. If this is the case, see the later Parade as it will be far less crowded. Arrive 20 to 30 minutes early if there’s one Parade or 10 to 15 minutes early for the second Parade. The FastPass+ viewing location is around the Flag Pole in Town Square on Main Street for both the Electrical Parade and Festival of Fantasy. It provides a decent view, but the viewing area is directly in the sun and the parades are easy enough to see without FastPass+ in most situations.
Celebrate the Magic and Wishes: The Castle Projection Show usually begins 15 minutes before Wishes. Position yourself on Main Street just in front of Casey’s Corner for the best view of the show, which is almost immediately followed by Wishes Fireworks. Arrive 30 minutes before Wishes is scheduled to start. The Wishes FastPass+ viewing areas are on both sides of Main Street in gated areas. Seeing Wishes with FP+ is not recommended due to how crowded the area becomes. Most guests can see it just as easily, or potentially even more easily, from a non-reserved location. If you’re exiting after the show, try to use the Main Street bypass in between Plaza Restaurant and Tomorrowland Terrace.
Exit: Consider getting in line for Mine Train, Peter Pan’s Flight, or another attraction with a few minutes until close. Main Street stores will remain open for about an hour after park close. Linger a bit while others exit in front of you. The Express Monorail is the fastest way to the Transportation and Ticket Center (parking lot) unless the line is significantly backed up. The ferry is often a more comfortable ride with more room to spread out, particularly up the stairs on the second level.
Wait Times By Crowd Level
Mickey’s Party Day: