Food Type: Japanese Steakhouse
Location: Teppan Edo shares a lobby with Tokyo Dining above Mitsukoshi Department Store in the Japan Pavilion. Check in for your meal or inquire about a table on the right hand side before heading up the stairs.
Dining Plan: 1 Table Service.
Cost: Appetizers: $4-$10; Sushi: $10 – $16; Entrées: $18-$32. Kids; $9 – $14.
Discounts: Does not participate in Tables in Wonderland; 10% Annual Passholder lunch on Monday – Friday only; 10% Disney Vacation Club lunch.
One menu (12pm – Park Close): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/teppan-edo/menus
Bar: None. The outdoor Sake bar offers sake, mixed drinks, and beer.
Setting: Teppan Edo is a hibachi grill restaurant, which means guests are seated around a grill where the food is prepared and cooked in front of you by a traditional Japanese hibachi chef.
- A fun experience for adults and children, especially if you haven’t experienced a hibachi meal in the past.
- The quality of the ingredients is high and all meals are prepared fresh on the grill. Food is the most consistent of any Disney World restaurant.
- Service is usually excellent.
- Kids can order a smaller portion of steak, chicken, or vegetables.
- Half of the entrees are $30 or more, making this a good value on the Dining Plan.
- Loud, expensive.
- Each grill seats eight guests. Parties with fewer people will be seated with others. This is usually a fun way to meet other Disney enthusiasts, but you never know who’s going to sit down next to you. It could be me.
- The experience relies heavily on the hibachi chef. Some are more “fun” and do tricks and tell stories during dinner while others are more traditional and say almost nothing.
Tips: Consider dinner because the menu is the same as lunch.
Value: Above average. Many cities have hibachi grill restaurants (think Benihana) with similar options and lower prices. However, Teppan Edo’s food is probably higher quality and the Japanese hibachi chefs add a great deal to the atmosphere.
Reputation: Teppan Edo receives some of the best reviews from the majority of people that dine here.