8/26/15 Update: Menu updated.
Location: Starring Rolls Cafe is located at the end of Hollywood Boulevard on the right. As you make the turn on to Sunset Boulevard toward Tower of Terror, you’ll see it on your left.
Food Type: Sandwiches, Cupcakes, Coffee, Treats, etc.
Dining Plan: One quick service credit for the sandwiches and most of the treats are snack credits.
Unique Items: Most items are either unique or better than what’s offered elsewhere.
- Starring Rolls reliably offers a wide variety of some of Disney’s best cupcakes, cookies, donuts, and other treats along with very good sandwiches.
- Lines are usually on the short side.
- Plenty of outdoor seating.
- Closes at 3 or 4pm.
- It’s a very small inside, which can make it difficult to move around and see what’s available when others are inside.
- They may run out of favorites towards the end of the day.
- No indoor seating.
Value: Above average. The cupcakes in particular are large and easily shareable and other treats tend to be higher quality than similar items served elsewhere. the sandwiches are large and a decent value for the money.
Reputation: High. People love their Butterfinger Cupcakes.
An example of one of the Turkey Sandwiches. What makes it special is the aioli spread, the fresh bread, and the amount of turkey. If you’re looking for a cold entree for lunch, you may not want to look much further.
Starring Rolls usually has plenty of outdoor seating.