Food Type: Fish, chicken, steak
Location: Future World West to the left of the entrance to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. It’s less obvious than you might imagine, but it’s there.
Dining Plan: One Table Service
Cost: For lunch, appetizers: $7 – $17; Entrees: $16 – $33; Kids: $9 – $11. For dinner, appetizers: $7 – $17; Entrées: $19 – $33; Kids: $9 – $11.
Discounts: 20% Tables in Wonderland.
Lunch( 11:30am – 2:30pm): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/coral-reef-restaurant/menus/lunch
Dinner (4pm – Park Close): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/coral-reef-restaurant/menus/dinner
Setting: Tables are situated around a large aquarium tank packed full of over 4,000 creatures, including sharks, turtles, rays, and exotic fish. Stadium seating affords a prime view for tables further back from the tank.
- Unique atmosphere. Kids and adults who enjoy aquariums will be fascinated by the variety of fish and wildlife.
- Food quality has gotten better, particularly the trout and salmon. Service is usually attentive and personable.
- Great Kids’ menu, including fried shrimp, steak, pork tenderloin, and grilled fish.
- Only sit down restaurant in Future World that isn’t a character buffet.
- Deceptively noisy due to the sound bouncing off the aquarium glass.
- View of the aquarium from some seats is nonexistent or guests must crane their necks to see anything.
- Relatively limited menu that’s light on seafood. Outside of a pasta dish and the Ceasar Salad with shrimp, there is no crab, lobster, shrimp, scallops, etc.
- Lunch isn’t much cheaper than dinner. The only less expensive item is the Caesar Salad.
Value: Come for the view rather than the food.
Tips: Request a table on the lowest floor nearest the aquarium. Your faces will be just a few inches from the glass. If you prefer to dine elsewhere, guests can view the same aquarium in the Seas Pavilion on the opposite side.
Reputation: Poor. Disney has no trouble selling this place out every day of the year, but most reactions are that the food is overpriced for the quality. It can be a fun meal if you’re seated at a table with a good view of the aquarium, but skip it if the view isn’t a major selling point.