9/4/15 Update: Menu updated.
Location: At the end of Main Street USA on the left side as you walk toward Cinderella Castle or on the right as you head toward the entrance/exit.
Food Type: Hot Dogs, Nachos, Snacks.
Dining Plan: One quick service credit and a couple items count as snacks.
This souvenir cup is actually kind of neat with etching that makes it “feel” sort of like a baseball.
Unique Items: Chicago and Barbecue Slaw Hot Dogs are unique takes on the typical Disney Dog and the Polish Sausage is only available here and Herbie’s at Hollywood Studios near Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Spectacular.
- The Ball Park Nachos are a large, easy to share snack.
- Look out for Jim playing the piano outside the restaurant from around noon to 7:15pm in 20 minute sets most weekdays.
- An expansion of the seating section inside and out makes it significantly easier to find an available table.
- Ordering area is cramped and loud. Service is often slow.
- The menu is fairly limited with just hot dogs as entrees. They are no longer kosher all-beef.
- Hot cheese sauce is no longer readily available.
Value: Average.Pricing is pretty standard for Disney.The hot dogs aren’t great quality, but the toppings help quite a bit.
Reputation: Some people swear by Casey’s Corner. I love the Corn Dog Nuggets, but the new Disney dogs don’t have much flavor and the buns are too thick.
Chili Cheese Dog
In my humble opinion, a chili-cheese dog needs to be three things:
1. When presented, it should look daunting. You should think to yourself, “Am I going to be able to pick this thing up?” It should make you want to pick it up. It should convince you to pick it up. And when you try to pick it up, you should fail. It should require a fork and knife.
2. It should be a little spicy. Not necessarily “five stars” hot, but there shouldn’t be any question that you ordered the chili-cheese dog and not the little-kid-dog.
3. It should hurt to finish it. But it’s so good you finish it every time.
A Casey’s Corner dog is none of these things. The chili is bland, the hot dog is no longer kosher all-beef, and the whole package is ultimately forgettable. Casey’s does have a few things going for it, including a fun theme, Cracker Jacks, cotton candy, and a limited number of tables that overlook Cinderella Castle. It wouldn’t be my choice though.
Barbecue Slaw Dog
(With a small bite missing)
I was apprehensive about the whole hot barbecue pork/cold coleslaw combo, but I think it worked. I say “think” because it’s virtually impossible to take a full bite and get your mouth around the entire hot dog. You might have a jaw that unhinges or something, which would be convenient in instances like this one, but the rest of us are out of luck. I sort of gnawed at the top and then took a bite out of the bottom. It’s definitely not a good “first date” choice, though that’s never a concern for me personally.
Overall, this was very good. The whole pork/dog/coleslaw combo wasn’t as off-putting as I was expecting and the bun didn’t disintegrate on me, which is usually what happens. It was difficult to eat, but certainly not a bad choice. I preferred it to the Chili Cheese Dog.
This is it.
The sausage is topped with onions that I think are higher quality than what you’d spoon out of the condiment bar, but don’t quote me on that. I don’t usually add onions.
The polish sausage is spicier than the regular hot dog, as one might expect. The flavor profile is similar to the more prolific $1.50 Costco Polish Sausage. Most of the onions slipped right off the top of the dog as I held it up, which was fine with me. The mustard added a bit of texture and additional spice. The fresh bun was an improvement from that whole wheat nonsense they served for a while. Soft and airy, it didn’t “feel” like I had a mouthful of bread when I took a bite.
Ball Park Nachos
It’s a pretty simple concoction. Chips. Chili. Cheese. Overall, these were really good, but the lack of abundant hot cheese sauce is disappointing. It’s a ton of chips that would probably make a better heavy snack for two or more people to share. You might also want to split these and one of the more substantial hot dogs. I like nachos as much as any normal person, but a whole plate is going to be a lot of nachos.
Corn Dog Nuggets
The Corn Dog Nuggets are the best hot dog item on the menu at Casey’s (in my opinion). The exterior is nice and crispy and they dip well.
No more bleachers or cartoons indoors.
Additional tables added outside.