6/6/14 Update: Menu updated.
Location: The Lunching Pad is located in the center of Tomorrowland. Space Mountain is directly behind it.
This may or may not help.
Food Type: Hot Dogs, Pretzels, Frozen Beverages.
Dining Plan: One Quick Service credit and some items count as snacks.
You can order the Hot Dogs without Apple Slices or Chips for $2 less.
Unique Items: Each of the Hot Dogs are a variant on what you’ll find elsewhere. The Frozen Carbonated Beverages and Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel aren’t found elsewhere at Magic Kingdom.
- With multiple ordering windows, lines are usually just two or three people long.
- The Frozen Carbonated Beverages will make you feel like you’ve cooled down 20 degrees.
- When fresh, both the Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel and Mickey Pretzel are excellent snacks and good uses of snack credits.
- Ledge seating is easy to find in Tomorrowland and tables are usually available unless Magic Kingdom is slammed and/or you’re eating at peak meal times.
- Limited menu.
- Unlike Casey’s Corner, French Fries aren’t an option. Hot Dog quality is the same.
- Hot Dogs are messy and tables may not be available. This is a popular area for people to sit down without food.
- For $3.99, the Frozen Carbonated Beverages are about the same size as a $1.19 Slurpee from 7-11.
Value: Average. I’d skip the chips if I were you and put that $2 towards a Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel, Ice Cream, or other option. I’m not a big fan of Disney hot dogs, but some people swear by them.
Reputation: Not a lot of people eat here. Those that do seem to enjoy the hot dogs and snacks. They’re the same as what’s served around property, so there shouldn’t be any surprises.
Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel:
These are really good when they’re fresh and hot. They’re not too sweet or heavy.
Cream cheese runs along the inside of the pretzel. This is still an item that may be best shared among two or more people. It’s a bit much to consume for one, especially after eating one of those hot dogs. I usually prefer a Mickey Pretzel and side of Cheese Sauce, but the Cream Cheese Pretzel makes for a nice dessert or heavier snack.
Frozen Solar Coca Cola:
This is basically a Coca Cola Slurpee from 7-11. It’s freezing cold, easy to drink, and has the flavor of Coca Cola. They are on the spendy side at $3.99, but they’re hard to resist when temperatures exceed 85 degrees. I recommend them, especially if you have extra snack credits. They aren’t filling and the sugar and caffeine should give you some additional energy.
There is limited seating immediately around The Lunching Pad. If tables aren’t available, additional outdoor seating is located throughout Tomorrowland, including tables set up around Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. For air-conditioned seating, I recommend taking your food up to Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, where you’ll also find additional patio/terrace seating. If that’s busy, Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant offers additional outdoor, covered tables. There are also ledges all around Tomorrowland to sit. It can be a bit awkward with a hot dog, but fine for any of the other items.