Food Type: American
Location: End of Main Street on the right next to Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.
Dining Plan: 1 Table Service
Cost: Entrées are $12-$18; Kids: $9.
Discounts: 20% Tables in Wonderland.
One menu: (11am – Park Close): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/plaza-restaurant/menus
Setting: Plaza Restaurant continues the Victorian theme with turn-of-the-century Art Nouveau touches in this relatively small restaurant.
- Least expensive table service option in Magic Kingdom with prices around half of what you’d pay at Tony’s Town Square or Be Our Guest.
- Good service, sizable portions.
- Convenient, albeit somewhat hidden location on Main Street. You’ll see Plaza Ice Cream Parloe at the end of Main Street on the right as you approach the Castle. Plaza Restaurant sits to the left of it.
- More casual than other restaurants.
- Outdoor-only waiting area. Small and congested seating area.
- Somewhat limited menu. No appetizers.
- Usually slow service.
- Incredibly poor value on the Dining Plan.
Tips: Request a window table for a view of Cinderella Castle. Virtually no view of Wishes or the nighttime parade though.
Value: Excellent, out of pocket. This is the least expensive sit-down restaurant at dinner on property. Portions are large and the food is well prepared. This doesn’t make much sense on the Dining Plan since the most expensive meal you could put together would be around $23.
Reputation: The Plaza Restaurant is often overlooked by guests because it’s along a path rarely traveled. However, it’s a great place to stop for lunch or dinner, especially if you’re tired of paying $35 for chicken entrées at some of the more expensive restaurants. The sandwiches and burgers are all better than what you would find at quick service and the setting and service are better as well. Plus, the milkshakes and ice cream are not to be missed. Consider Liberty Tree Tavern for a relatively inexpensive lunch and The Plaza for dinner, particularly when it’s crowded and hot.